Proverbial Talks were created two decades ago as 3-6 minutes word jingles for words & music radio shows. Twenty years on some fabulous fables and revolutionary rhymes came along to keep them company.
In a sense there is no difference between the long playing record of the modern troubadour with his fifteen or so songs and the idea songs designed for the spoken word on this long-reading record.
The trend in advertising is towards projecting an image and then associating a product or a service with that image. There is also a tendency to begin to extend the corporate jingle idea to full song length as Pepsi Cola are doing when they work with Michael Jackson or when Coco Cola adopt a song such as This Is It.
As competition gets tougher and advertising gets more intelligent, it might make a lot of sense for some bank like The Royal Bank of Scotland or a big brewery like Carlsberg to begin to associate their services or their products with ideas and patterns of thought in similar ways.
These word jingles are a first attempt to create intelligent word jingles that might be used by anyone bold enough to risk testing such ideas.
List of Proverbs
1. Don't Count Your Chickens Before They're Hatched
2. Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire
3. Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth
4. A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush
5. The Early Bird Catches the Worm
6. Don't Bite Off More than You Can Chew
7. You Can't Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
8. The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side
9. You Can't See the Wood for the Trees
10. A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
11. Don't Burn Your Boats
12. Waste Not Want Not
13. Halve Your Sorrows Double Your Joy
14. The End Justifies the Means
15. Fences Make Good Neighbours
List of Fables
List of Revolutionary Rhymes